Gerber Technology Brings Speed, Efficiency and Quality to Composites Parts Manufacturing
Automated Solutions to be Featured at CAMX Oct. 27-29
Automated solutions for the manufacture of composite parts will be presented at the Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX) by Gerber Technology, the world leader in integrated software and automation solutions for industrial markets. Gerber’s nesting and ply cutting, and Virtek Vision International’s laser projection and templating solutions help ensure accuracy, optimize productivity, maximize material utilization and minimize labor requirements in composites manufacturing.
CAMX, from Oct. 27 to 29 in Dallas, is the largest, most comprehensive composites and advanced materials event for products, solutions, networking and advanced industry thinking. Presented by ACMA and SAMPE, CAMX features more than 550 exhibitors and 300 conference program sessions.
Virtek is presenting the latest updates in laser projection and templating and projection solutions in CAMX booth #G113:
- Launching New Product: Virtek® Projection Data Creator (PDC) makes it quicker and easier to create projections using the latest CAD formats, saving time and costs in deploying product design changes.
- The Virtek Iris™ Spatial Positioning System (SPS) not only eliminates templates, but also accelerates the assembly process, eliminates human errors and upholds quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Virtek’s LaserEdge® system is a three dimensional laser templating and position system that projects a laser template onto molds to guide operators through the ply layup process, minimizing errors and improving productivity by as much as 50 percent.
In addition, the Gerber display will feature the company’s latest cutting systems:
- The GERBERcutter® Z1 cutter is fully configurable for composite applications, including ingress protection, which prevents particle contamination for critical components, and the InfoJet™ part identification platform that uses aerospace compliant ink to label individual parts. The Z1’s conveyorized operation maintains the highest degree of cutting accuracy of any length of material while maximizing throughput. And its user interface makes job processing quick and easy, with an intuitive workflow that minimizes operator training.
- Gerber’s CutWorks® design, nesting and controller software ensures cut quality and reduces production times on single ply cutting platforms.
- ComposiNest®, an additional module for the CutWorks software specifically designed for composite applications, uses proprietary algorithms to enhance ply placement and nesting strategies, maximizing material utilization.
Learn more about Gerber’s automation solutions for composite materials by visiting http://bit.ly/1LROw7e. Follow Gerber Technology at CAMX at @GerberTech, @VirtekVision, #CAMX15 and @the_CAMX on Twitter, and GerberTech and CAMX on Facebook.
About Virtek: Virtek Vision International Inc. is the global leader in laser templating and quality inspection systems, providing exceptional expertise and engineering for manufacturers around the world. The Virtek name has become synonymous with precision, reliability, and innovation.
Founded in 1986, and today a part of Gerber Technology, Virtek is based in Waterloo, ON, Canada, and has offices in the USA, across Europe and in Asia. From the aerospace to the construction industry, and from sheet metal fabrication to wind energy, our tailored technology solutions featuring LaserEdge®, LaserQC®, TrussLine®, Iris™ and others, give customers the competitive edge needed to succeed in their fields.
About Gerber Technology: Gerber Technology delivers industry-leading software and automation solutions that help apparel and industrial customers improve their manufacturing and design processes and more effectively manage and connect the supply chain, from product development and production to retail and the end customer. Gerber serves 17,000 customers in 130 countries, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, apparel, fashion, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles and transportation interiors industries. The company develops and manufactures its products from various locations in the United States and Canada and has additional manufacturing capabilities in China.
Based in Connecticut in the USA, Gerber Technology is owned by Vector Capital, a San Francisco-based, global private equity firm specializing in the technology sector and managing more than $2 billion of equity capital.
Julie Pompa, APR