Gerber, Virtek to Showcase Industry Expertise at CAMX 2016
Digital Solutions and State-of-the-Art Cutting Systems to Take Center Stage at Must-Attend Event
Gerber Technology, the world leader in integrated software and automation solutions for industrial markets, will join Virtek Vision International in Anaheim, California, at this year’s Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX), Sept. 26 through Sept. 29.
Gerber and Virtek are located at booth M18 in the Anaheim Convention Center to showcase products and industry-leading solutions that help ensure accuracy, optimize productivity, maximize material utilization, and minimize labor requirements in composites manufacturing.
Solutions highlighted at this year’s event will include:
- The Virtek® Projection Data Creator (PDC), software that makes it fast and easy to create projections using the latest CAD formats, saving time and costs when deploying product design changes.
- The Virtek Iris™ Spatial Positioning System (SPS), the latest integrated vision and laser projection system which accelerates the aerospace assembly process by eliminating templates, reducing human errors, and safeguarding quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Virtek’s three-dimensional LaserEdge® system. Projects a laser template onto molds to guide operators through the ply layup process, minimizing errors and improving productivity by more than 50 percent.
- The GERBERcutter® Z1 cutting system, a single-ply cutting system fully configurable for composite applications, featuring a conveyorized operation to maintain the highest degree of cutting accuracy on any length material while maximizing throughput. The Z1 also includes a recently redesigned interface which provides an intuitive workflow that minimizes operator training and makes job processing quick and easy.
- Features for composite applications include ingress protection to prevent particle contamination for critical components and the InfoJet™ part identification platform, which uses aerospace compliant ink to label individual parts.
- Gerber’s CutWorks® design, nesting, and controller software which reduces processing times, improves cut quality, and optimizes cut paths to improve production efficiency.
- ComposiNest®, a CutWorks module designed for composite applications. The module uses proprietary algorithms to enhance ply placement and nesting strategies, maximizing material utilization.
Presented by the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) and the Society for the Advancement of Material Process Engineering (SAMPE), CAMX draws attendees from around the world and from all areas of the composites and advanced materials industry. The all-encompassing, must-attend event connects manufacturers, engineers, and R&D professionals to service providers and end users, providing opportunities to preview new products and technology. Last year’s event in Dallas, Texas, drew more than 7,000 attendees from 50 countries.
Virtek Vision International is the global leader in laser templating and quality inspection systems, providing exceptional expertise and engineering for manufacturers around the world. The Virtek name has become synonymous with precision, reliability, and innovation.
Founded in 1986, and today a part of Gerber Technology, Virtek is based in Waterloo, ON, Canada, and has sales and service coverage in the USA, across Europe, and in Asia. From the aerospace to the construction industry, and from sheet metal fabrication to wind energy, our tailored technology solutions featuring LaserEdge®, LaserQC®, TrussLine®, Iris™ and others, give customers the competitive edge needed to succeed in their fields.
About Gerber Technology
Gerber Technology delivers industry-leading software and automation solutions that help apparel and industrial customers improve their manufacturing and design processes and more effectively manage and connect the supply chain, from product development and production to retail and the end customer. Gerber serves 17,000 customers in 130 countries, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, apparel, fashion, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles and transportation interiors industries. The company develops and manufactures its products from various locations in the United States and Canada and has additional manufacturing capabilities in China.
Based in Connecticut in the USA, Gerber Technology is owned by AIP, a New York based, global private equity firm specializing in the technology sector and has more than $3.0 billion assets under management.